ed my first "fun run" this weekend when I ran the Shamrock Run in downtown Portland on Sunday. I completed (and really enjoyed) my first half marathon last June and did this little run to get me into the swing of training again for my next half marathon and hopefully full marathon later this fall. We'll see how it goes.The beginning of any run is so hard for me. If I can just get through the first 2 miles I am fine...I feel like I could run forever. I don't know what I do that makes the start so hard...I warm up well and don't start out to fast, so I really don't know what my problem is. It's funny because I did this race with my friend Jeannie and she starts out fine then struggles at the end..if we could just morph into one runner, that would be fabulous. My only requirement if that happened would be that I get her long, lean legs...not the short, stumpy ones I already have!
It really did end up being a fun run, although I have to say the smell of clam chowder and beer at the finish line really didn't do much for me. I think next year I'm going to body paint myself green and go all out with the costuming...Oh wait - there's NO WAY I would do that! Much too hard to keep my incredible pace going then..smile!
Other weekend highlights...
* lunch with my good friend Shelly who is an amazing travel agent and a really great person! If you are thinking about a trip give her a call or email! Her website is on my blog, or just click on her name. You won't be sorry! She will stick with your budget and watch for the best deals possible.
* Picking up Jeannie & my race stuff on Saturday at Lincoln High School and getting extremely lost on the way home...including a trip over the 405 bridge...twice! :)
* Fun birthday party for some of our care group kiddos. Micah screamed like a wild man when we had to leave b/c he was having so much fun!
* Trying to get the kids to go to sleep early with the time change...didn't happen...they are so screwed up with their time right now!
* Sleeping in on Saturday and napping on Sunday (thank you Clint!)
* Getting to REALLY worship at Sunset
It was a really nice weekend and a good Monday. Had a chance to visit a friend with a new baby girl, have lunch with my good friend Alison here with our kiddos and felt like Martha Stewart as I prepared homemade bread and lasagna from scratch as I did wash and dishes simultaneously. Yes, I AM a domestic goddess!! Now we're off to eat that delicious meal...happy Monday!!
1 comment:
Great job with the "fun run"...if only I had the courage! :)
Post a Comment