
But, does that include their cats?
This will probably be my first (of many) offensive blog to the cat lovers in the world.
I don't like cats, I don't have a cat for that very reason. I'm allergic to them as well and also do not like animal poop. I do not like it on my grass and in my flower beds. Can someone tell me then, WHY did I spend over 2 hours yesterday cleaning out my kids' sandbox and all our flower beds of an extreme amount of cat poop when we DON'T HAVE A CAT???!!! We were also so bummed b/c Clint planted special flower bulbs (they each picked their own out at "the orange store" - home depot) with the boys this weekend and they were all dug up as well.
Can't there be "leash laws" for cats? Why is it okay to let a cat just wander the neighborhood and poop in my yard? Anybody have any great ideas for me to rid my yard of the blessed animal waste? I've heard of chili powder in your flower beds but besides that I really don't want to use anything that could harm my kids if they are out there (like rat poison...just kidding!!) I'm especially p.o.'d about the sandbox...we keep it covered but, somehow...mysteriously...there are little presents for me in there...taunting me.
So, for my cat loving friends out there...Sorry, I can't relate on this one. Funny thing is, I was blessed with a little boy who wants nothing more than to have a cat. He loves animals...of any kind .He just wants one that doesn't go "stinky". He's not a big fan of anything dirty or yucky. (hmm..I wonder where he gets that from?? Must be Clint!) Maybe my animal loving child can help give me some balance on the issue.
This will probably be my first (of many) offensive blog to the cat lovers in the world.
I don't like cats, I don't have a cat for that very reason. I'm allergic to them as well and also do not like animal poop. I do not like it on my grass and in my flower beds. Can someone tell me then, WHY did I spend over 2 hours yesterday cleaning out my kids' sandbox and all our flower beds of an extreme amount of cat poop when we DON'T HAVE A CAT???!!! We were also so bummed b/c Clint planted special flower bulbs (they each picked their own out at "the orange store" - home depot) with the boys this weekend and they were all dug up as well.
Can't there be "leash laws" for cats? Why is it okay to let a cat just wander the neighborhood and poop in my yard? Anybody have any great ideas for me to rid my yard of the blessed animal waste? I've heard of chili powder in your flower beds but besides that I really don't want to use anything that could harm my kids if they are out there (like rat poison...just kidding!!) I'm especially p.o.'d about the sandbox...we keep it covered but, somehow...mysteriously...there are little presents for me in there...taunting me.
So, for my cat loving friends out there...Sorry, I can't relate on this one. Funny thing is, I was blessed with a little boy who wants nothing more than to have a cat. He loves animals...of any kind .He just wants one that doesn't go "stinky". He's not a big fan of anything dirty or yucky. (hmm..I wonder where he gets that from?? Must be Clint!) Maybe my animal loving child can help give me some balance on the issue.
2 comments:
Laura, I must agree with you COMPLETELY on the cat issue! Sorry cat lovers! Even though we live in an apartment complex, there is one particular neighbor who has 4 outdoor cats! We don't have any lawn, any real outside property other than a small deck, so why is it considered ok for someone to have outdoor cats who wander everywhere? I am sick of the pawprints on my car and these fece looking felines trying to rub against my legs.. EWW!
Love the blog......
Amanda
I can really empathize, even though I am a cat lover, Laura. However, ours are inside cats. Why? Out of deference to the reasons that you mention and because our cats kept getting shot at by BB and pellet guns and one had someone try to cut its tail off! It is not safe for THEM to be outside!
As for the bulbs, I am so sorry for your disappointed gardeners! I had to stop planting bulbs in our front yard, because people would steal them right out of the ground, once they bloomed! This happened four years in a row! They break off the roses in front, too, and just take them! I thought the thorns would prevent that! Try surrounding the bulb with an empty top/bottom off tin can barricade in the soil. Cats won't be able to get to it. However, raccoons do eat bulbs and could get to them.
As for the poop, our front flower beds seem to be where those walking their dogs on a leash feel it is just fine to let their dogs 'go'. Next to us is a park where it is enforced, to some degree, to bag the poop. So everyone (exaggeration I am sure, but some can SEEM like everyone), gives their dogs a potty stop at our corner! I have gone so far as to put out signs, offer 'doggy bags' to witnessed offenders, but to no avail. Sigh.
It comes down to each person needing to be responsible for themselves and their pets . . . which does not seem likely to happen.
Post a Comment