So, it's now Monday. A whole week has past since the last posting. I'm once again shocked at how fast a week goes by. So..here's what we did this weekend for your amusement..
While Clint was gone in Japan I actually did do some home re-decorating. I bought bedroom furniture (with his approval..of course!) and then decided that since my mom was visiting we might as well just completely redo the Master bedroom if we had to move stuff around anyways. So, I repainted the entire room, got new bedding, some stuff for the walls...then realized that the rugs in the master bath now didn't match so I had to get coordinating things for the bath. All in all, I LOVE IT!! I feel like a "big girl" with grown up furniture (we just had a bed frame and a dresser that I took from home..we live like college kids). It feels so nice and calm and just a nice retreat to come to at night (or to lock myself in during the day..:) Best of all, Clint really liked it too. I tried so hard to do a room that included his taste. I think I succeeded!
Saturday I sold the dresser that I took out of the room, along with some other things, at the Jackson School neighborhood garage sale. I did the sale with 2 other friends (one that lives in the neighborhood..we didn't just take over a strangers' driveway). It was a lot of fun and always surprising at what is a treasure to someone else when you just want it gone! I was surprised that my double stroller didn't sell. If you know of anyone who wants one, let me know.
Saturday night, we went on a date. Childless. It was nice.
Sunday: did my training distance run before church, did church..loved it, took a nap, went to care group
Monday: did a lot of wash...still need to fold it, went to the bank (where Micah informed me that "I just love her" about the drive up teller lady b/c she gives him suckers..he was very upset that we only did the drive up ATM), met a friend at the park, did preschool pick up and then park friends came over for lunch. It was nice to visit and have the kids play outside. I LOVE SUNNY DAYS!!
Had my first ever lunch from Noodles over here in Orenco. It was really good. Definitely recommend it.
That's about it..payed the bills, took a short snooze, made spaghetti then the UPS truck came with all the orders from the At Home America party I hosted. Should have seen Clint's eyes when 3 GINORMOUS boxes were unloaded. He asked "How much stuff did you order?" I assured him it wasn't all mine - it was everyone's stuff. He was a bit relieved at that! So...all those who ordered - I have your stuff! Now it's time to break open the new things I got and put them in their PERFECT place!!
1 comment:
All I know is that Micah dumped me. First, he runs back to hug Donna today, and I got NADA. Then I have to READ that he loves the bank teller! Where did the love go??
I can't take it... I'm going to sleep. :(
Post a Comment