Monday, June 25, 2007

It was a GOOD day...


Here it is folks...a stock photo similar to the newest member of our family! Yes, yes my friends...the teal wonder has bid us good-bye. Such sadness and sorrow...so much that I got the stomach flu!! Oh wait, that was just coincidence I believe.

What a weekend it was. Clint continued to work on painting the house and prepped the roof and stuff for spraying but then the rain began to threaten so we weren't able to paint. However, because the rain freed up our afternoon, we dropped the kiddos off at Luke & Katie and went CAR SHOPPING!! We test drove the Honda Odyssey and then the Camry, we'd narrowed it down to those 2 and we ended up with the ever reliable, fuel efficient Camry. I'm thrilled beyond belief and the kids think it so cool. Yes, they have been deprived of coolness apparantly b/c a Camry is the coolest they can think of! :) I love that!

Anyway, as we sit at the car dealership on Sat. night I kept feeling more nauseas and kept "excusing" myself from the table. We ended up leaving. Clint hurried me home (just in time) and thus began the night of the stomach flu. I was worship leader the next day and thankfully was able to pull my body out of bed and truly on prayer and grace (& A LOT of Gatorade) alone I made it through the morning. While I crashed after the services Clint went and finished up the papers and brought home our new car! Now, I don't believe that material things make anyone happier...don't get me wrong. I was still fine driving the other car we have and I know that many people can't afford 1, let a lone 2 cars..that's not it. I just love having something safe, with airbags and reliable. All the extra stuff is just gravy. I'm thankful for a husband who took my concern with getting stranded with my child in the car seriously and loved his spirit when we test drove. He really didn't want a van but was open to it if I was really thinking we should get it. I'm really happy with our decision so don't tell me all your horror stories for Camry's yet. Okay?

Even though the car is great and all, I would have to say being able to lead people into worship was still the highlight of the weekend for me. What an honor to witness others connecting to an amazing God who truly is all I need. It was such an experience to see Him work through my physical weakness (and I mean WEAKNESS) and give me an energy and strength I didn't know was possible. I am humbled by that today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice car ... you definitely deserve it, and amazing job on Sunday. Yes, I know it was God, but you were an amazing vessel.

Amy

Kristin said...

I wonder if the car salesman thought you were going to confer with another dealership when you kept excusing yourself--you know, like they always leave to "talk with my manager" :-)

Congrats on the new car! We love our Camry and it's been a great car for us for 12 years. In fact, I bought it before we got married, because I wanted something safe, and more importantly, non-cool to car thieves, as I had just gone through not 1, but TWO VW Cabriolets being stolen.

That doesn't mean yours isn't cool, don't get me wrong :-) There's always something cool about that new car smell!!!

Now who gets to drive it?

Laura said...

ME!!!

Katie said...

Its always wonderful when God uses simple things in life to show us his amazing love, and awesome power. It's always amazing to me how he can us things like the stomach flu to show us, depend on me and I will pull you through.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest family member! It is a beautiful car and should last for many, many years! Great choice!

Heather K.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I've been laughing as I've been reading your blog. I'm so glad I discovered. It made me remember your WONDERFUL sense of humor. Glad to hear you have a new car. It makes such a difference to have something you can rely on. I'm planning on being at the reunion, so I'm so excited to see you. You'll be there, right?

Lots of love!
Alison

Anonymous said...

Pretty car Laura!! My sister has a Camry and LOVES it! I think you're going to be very happy with your decision. And good riddens to the Teal Wonder!! :-)