Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:6-7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:6-7
I am blessed this morning to think of all the answers to prayer I have seen in the past few weeks.
Here is just a smattering of them:
* My friend Julie (Chicago, heart attack, open heart surgery, etc) is finally home. She is doing well and the drive home went well.
* Caleb needs to have surgery on his ears again and adenoids taken out. I was specifically praying that we could schedule it before school began again. I got a call yesterday that there was a rare cancellation for August 30th. We are a go for surgery BEFORE school...I am so thankful
* Friend back home in Lynden had a rough pregnancy, including hospitalization for several weeks. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy on Sunday
* The time when Clint has been gone has passed quickly and the kids have behaved rather well
* I have friends here in Portland that have become like family to me in the absence of our own families being that we live away from them all.
This is just a few, but I wanted to document them for my own sake, and yours too. God is alive. He is working. I know that there are a million more things I could list. Each and every day I see a little answer to something I have laid before him.
God is good!
4 comments:
This was encouraging to me today! Thanks for sharing all that. I'm going through a phase right now where I question the effectiveness or necessity of prayer... not that I no longer believe in it. Just a time where I wonder what's behind it and have kind of a hard time doing it and feeling like I'm making a difference. I hate these phases!
It is of great value to you when you verbalize thanks to our Lord for his goodness and mercy. I do not hesitate to pass on my thoughts about thanks to our children. They must learn from you that prayer is essential to growth in Christ. Every evening and morning prayer time includes a request for God to bestow upon me blessings he has intended for me that day, and I never hesitate to ask that He find favor with me for the day. The results of direct prayer are abundant.
Jrupprecht
Love that verse--it got me through some very hard times :-)
Glad things have been going well for you my friend!
K~
Thankfulness for what God has done is so much better than dwelling on what we would like Him to do, isn't it?? :0)Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life. It is encouraging for us as it is for you.
Post a Comment