Monday, December 17, 2007

In the absence of family....

So, yes...I'm still alive.

Haven't been blogging. Did you notice? :)

Haven't really had time nor content to add. But, alas...the time has come to update.

Last night we had our Care Group (small group) Christmas Party. We had so much fun together. I love each and everyone of these friends. With no family around, this group of people (and yes, the many others of you that are so close to my heart) have become our pseudo-family. We have "aunts" and "uncles" to our kids and people that help us out when spouses travel or we have sickness in the house, etc. I would go to battle for any one in this care group and feel honored to call them friends. We've gone camping together, ran half-marathons together, seen each other at our worst, and cheered one another on at our best. They've faithfully attended concerts I've sung in, helped me tremendously when Clint travels and fill that void when you just get lonely.



This group has changed over the almost 5 years since coming to Portland (I can't believe it's been 5 years since we moved here!!) but it has remained a safe, fun, caring, and I believe a God-honoring group through it all.

So, I'm officially back in the blogging saddle again. Watch out..you might not get me to shut up now!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Welcome back! :)

I wish I would have gotten pics at our CG Christmas party.... good job at getting each couple!

Merry Christmas!

XO