Friday, July 11, 2008

We Picked a Good One!!




Our good friend Jo...well, she pretty much rocks!
She invited the boys and me over this morning to pick raspberries from her garden. She promised the boys back a few months ago they could come over to pick and today was the big day! She had little buckets for them and they went to town. I picked some too but had more fun watching them with Jo! Caleb took this on as a "job" or a mission to be executed. He went to town and filled two of the containers. He was still picking when the rest of us were done and visiting. He did a fabulous job. Micah...well, he ate more than he picked, I think. Then, when we got done he stood there and ate some more. I think his container was half full when we left...it started out completely full. :) It was such fun to see them enjoy the picking. I grew up picking berries as my summer job, so to see them get a kick out of doing this was great. I'm definitely not heading back to the berry fields anytime soon but we do love the fresh fruit! Jo is priceless. She is always willing to help anyone out, is so caring and compassionate and my kids adore her (as do I!).
Thanks, Jo, for a great morning and some fabulous berries too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Maybe you should just send them to the berry fields for you! And congrats on setting your D-day! Can't wait to meet this little guy. Did you settle on a name yet?

Stephanie said...

What fun.. and what a great experiences you are creating for the boys. I STILL remember going strawberry picking for the first time when I was 5!

Hope you are hangin' in there.. you look great!

xo

Anonymous said...

I think I may have had as much fun as the boys picking berries~! I adore all of you too. Thanks for making me laugh and for sharing your boys with me. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. Berry picking has never been so fun! ~ Jo

Melissa Freeman said...

Hi Laura! I had fun getting in on your berry picking day at Jo's as well. It was so sweet to see them enjoying finding all of the well hidden ones (Caleb) and enjoying the not so ripe ones (Micah) :0) Hope all is going well at the VanderGiessen home :0)