Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is this for real?

Ok friends,

saw this ad in the Sunday paper today (I know, I’m behind) and I’m a little stumped as to why someone would buy this and if it actually works?

5099_1

Apparently you are supposed to spray the stuff on and jump in the shower and “ta-da” hair is gone!

Really?  Is it really that simple?

Don’t you think if this was really that easy and simple first, they wouldn’t need a coupon in the paper for it? Second, they could come up with a better looking cover on the bottle? and lastly women everywhere would be talking about it?

I’ve never heard of it.  Anybody else used this? I’m just curious and a wee bit skeptical it seems.

5 comments:

andrea said...

If it can take of hair, it certainly makes you wonder what else it takes with it!

Seth said...

The real question is, does it work on the shower drain? If so, you're spraying Liquid Plum'r on yourself. Sodium Hydroxide.

Laura said...

good point Seth...I should ask my good friend who is a chemist...Maybe that could be an alternate use for it - instead of on-the-human hair removal you can just clean out the shower drain with it instead!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Hmmmm, knowing me it would probably take off the hair in clumps....which I wouldn't notice until I was sitting in church and felt furry knees.

Megan said...

I have always wondered that. However, I've learned that nair is not for the sensitive skin...that is why I have never tried it. Considering I have to use baby soap b/c my skin reacts to dove...I'm not taking any chances.