Monday, May 25, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

Memorial Day weekend 2009 will forever be etched in my memory. We celebrated Micah completing preschool, my parents came to visit for 3 nights, we got a great project done in the yard, had a great time with my parents and the kids adored having their grandparents here.

But the weekend came to a screeching halt on Saturday morning when I got the call that Holly, a friend of mine, lost her husband Scott in a plane crash late Friday night in Arizona. He was flying to his uncle’s funeral but never made it there. A gifted, skilled, extremely proficient pilot but more importantly than that – an amazing husband, hands-on totally plugged in father, high school small group leader at church, totally sold-out to God man who, it seems, needs to still be here.  Grief is tangible in the community we live with. Life is hard, but God is good, is the resounding cry.

This past Easter Holly sang the song “Hope Now” by Addison Road. I can’t get these lyrics out of my head. I pray this for Holly and her 4 amazing kids.

 

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free

We love you Holly. Our prayers are with you…will you pray too?

3 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

that's the song that came to my mind, too, when i received the news.

hmmmm...

Megan said...

So sorry about your loss...we are definately praying!

mom vg said...

Please know we are praying constantly. Our God Reigns!