Thursday, July 29, 2010

8 weeks home

IMG_6037

8 weeks home.

My baby girl is  growing fast. My boys are busy being boys and keeping me busy this summer. I am going to try to finish blogging about our trip this weekend, mostly for myself, so that I have record of it. So, if your interested, stay tuned :)

IMG_6205IMG_6362IMG_6005 100_5309 IMG_6472 

My neices have waited..well…all their lives for a GIRL cousin. Both sides of the family – ALL BOYS!  They are loving having a girl around and my sister and I are having a great time shopping for them!

I still find myself tracking families that are waiting to travel to Ethiopia, in the journey, just home for the journey. There are days I still feel like I’m processing this whole adventure. It’s taken me more time to just settle into knowing what we went through to get us to this place.

Maleah is doing really well. It took us a good 4 weeks to get some sort of schedule or reliable eating/sleeping/happy time together.  Her only real struggle in coming home was settling down to sleep. She would be exhausted and she would almost go into a panic attack mode when we would lay her down. We did a lot of rocking, singing, holding, bouncing and I am happy to report that she goes into her crib now awake and happily goes to sleep.  She is also now VERY attached to me and is super happy to laugh and make faces with others (not Clint and the boys…she’s totally content with them) but would prefer to stay in my arms or lap – which I’m just fine with. I figure I missed the first 6 months, I’ll take her as much as I can get.  We feel so blessed. We are super busy but couldn’t be more thrilled with how she is doing, how the boys are doing…very, very blessed.

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

Sooo looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip...I have so many questions but I don't even know where to begin...maybe I'll have to start keeping a log so we can sit down and chat sometime.
Love all the pictures, the matching dresses with the girls are precious! And love the hot pink! My favorite color!! =)
Its so sweet to see how well she is adjusting and fitting in...she just seems like she was always destined to be a VG! =) Love that sweet girl and can't wait to kiss her again soon!

Mark and Sarah said...

8 weeks ALREADY!? What?? So glad to hear that the sleepy panic has past. Amazing how quickly things change (for the better). Can't wait to see you again soon!