Our first night with Maleah in our room went great. The nannies had been waking her up to feed her at 10pm, 2am, and 6am.
She was six months old and not malnourished.
I would NOT be waking up a healthy 6 month old to feed her. This was not my first rodeo :) She went to sleep at 7:30pm, woke up at 3am and then up for the day around 6:30am. Not too bad for the first night in a strange place with strange people.
TOTALLY surreal that she was OURS..in our room….our DAUGHTER
Tuesday was the Embassy appointment. The whole reason for the trip to Ethiopia for that travel group. We were assigned this day and were thrilled to be finally to this stage in the process. It was actually pretty low key for us. They asked us a few questions and it was over. This is a real surreal experience. It was relatively simple, but you didn’t forget that one wrong answer, one problem and it’s all on hold. For dear, sweet Addie, it wasn’t as simple . They had some hold ups with some medical questions. We waited, we prayed, and thankfully, all went well in the end and they passed too. Here’s us after getting home from the Embassy. Thanks to Riann for some great pics of our little trio and Maleah.
Since we were basically quarantined to the Union after taking custody we spent a lot of time with all of the babies. Really, truly fell in love with each and every one of them.
A LOT of hours spent with dear friends around these tables.
WEDNESDAY
Farewell Ceremony at the Care Center. Clint had a great time playing with the older kids as we waited for the ceremony to begin. He made play-doh shapes for the kids.
The nannies all changed the babies into their traditional Ethiopian clothing. I get choked up seeing how much these nannies loved their “Marti”
These beautiful pictures of Maleah are courtesy of Amie & Riann.
She looked SO beautiful, just so RIGHT, wearing those clothes. When we went shopping later that afternoon I bought 2 more for when she gets older and bigger. Hoping to have her wear them for her birthdays and Ethiopian holidays, etc.
We had cake, each of the babies “cut” a piece…and they insisted we feed it to the babies. A little different than around here.
We left Maleah at the care center for her nap so we could go on the group shopping trip…VERY hard to leave her in her little bed. Last time she would be there. The LAST TIME.
We did some shopping, bought lots of coffee :) and some souvenirs for the boys. I bought dresses for Maleah, like I said. I didn’t get a lot. Just a few trinkets.
I was going to have this be through the end of the trip…
oops..apparently I have more words than I thought. :)
Finish line will hopefully be crossed tomorrow!
1 comment:
Love the traditional dress!!! She is so extremely gorgeous.
I can't wait to hear the rest!
Post a Comment