Friday, December 10, 2010

6 Month Marker..

We been home six months with our sweet and sassy little Miss. I was totally shocked when our amazing social worker asked us if we realized that our 6 month post-placement visit was exactly –to the day – one year after our initial homestudy. No, I had not. But that explains the feeling of the whirlwind of life and emotions that we have been through in one year. wow.

IMGP3800

six months ago this was my baby.

100_5028crop

She smiled and engaged with us, but this is her now!!

DSC_0219

DSC_0427

DSC_0154

100_5309

She has totally come out of her shell and has become quite the little, feisty, spunky lil’ thing. She is always ready with a “hi” for you and makes no mistake in letting you know how she feels about something.   When we came home, her legs and arms were like spaghetti noodles, no muscle tone. By 3 weeks home she was crawling and this girl is RUNNING places now. She is determined to keep up with Mr. L who is her constant companion these days.

We are blessed. We were blessed with a healthy, baby girl. We are blessed with another child of God. Even though she came to our family through adoption, I can’t imagine life without her and I know our family was rescued from our complacent life from the moment we took her into our arms.

 IMG_0881

IMG_0896

IMG_6919

3 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

I love that last sentence...it brings tears to my eyes. It seems like just yesterday...but it I also can't remember life without her! Amazing how such a little girl can be such a HUGE blessing! We love you Maleah!

Chrissy said...

So sweet!! I can't believe we had been home 4 months already on the one year anniversary of seeing our babies' faces for the first time!! Whirlwind is right!

Christie said...

Your daughter is adorable. I just ran across your blog. I totally understand the whole whirlwind feeling. From the time of approved application to bringing our son home it was 7 1/2 months.