Well, I survived.
Day 1 of 40.
No Facebook. Big Sigh.
Decided, after some Holy Spirit prodding and some encouragement from a dear friend, that I would give up Facebook for the season of Lent.
“You shall have no other gods before me”…kept haunting me as I thought this through.
How much time have I spent in the last month on Facebook?? Not doing anything bad, just keeping in touch with friends, posting, etc…I have no idea how much time this has taken away from me.
What I DO know is that I have not even come close to spending the same amount of time in God’s Word or studying Him, seeking Him, praying, etc.
This does not make sense.
So, day 1 is done. I’m hoping to regain some much needed quiet time, get some projects done around the house, play more with my kids, and just ENGAGE with everything going on IN MY REAL WORLD.
Here’s to 39 more days of Facebook Freedom. Hoping to journal what I discover along the way.
5 comments:
I was going to email you this morning and see if your palms were sweating or if you had the shakes! heehee. Good to see a positive note from you here.
I know God will use "extra" time you have for good. Hope to see more blogs from you, too.. and pics of those sweet babies!
Hope to see you soon!
xo
I am so proud of you. Excited to see what God has in store for you. Love you!
Darn it! I've been thinking the same thing, but trying to reason away that it's really not that bad ... ok, a day late, but I'm in!
WooHoo Amy! Glad to have you on board!
Alrighty then...you may need to remind me to call you with any big announcements =) Praying for that court date!!
Post a Comment