Friday, March 23, 2007

Blessed

Today I feel blessed.

I've been struggling this week with "little voices in my head" that are telling me lies. Lies like: "You'll never be... pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, a good enough singer, a good enough mom/wife..." you can fill in the blank with whatever and it was probably running through my head. Today I feel blessed b/c the voices are gone. With a little medication (just joking..), no seriously, I spent a good deal of time talking with God about this and decided that Jesus is enough..no more, no less. I find my worth in him.

I have been blessed with an amazing husband who leaves me sweet cards to find when I get up and he's already gone to work. I have 2 boys who are sweet, kind and pretty cute too. I took them to get Caleb's 5 year pic's taken yesterday and I swear I wondered at least 10 times where my "real kids" were. They we SO well behaved...I was shocked. Maybe all this prayer helps with that too! :) It's worth a shot at least!

I also feel blessed to have had the chance to worship last night after a rough emotional week. Practice last night was great. Loved Jay's devo time and I just needed to have a night away and the perfect place was for me last night was Sunset! It was so good to just sing and not care if I sounded great or anything. I just wanted to worship b/c it REALLY didn't matter if I would ever be the best singer (which I won't)...I wanted to be the best worshiper. Nice change from how I would have approached the evening had it been earlier in the week.

All in all, I'm thankful for this roller coaster ride of a week. Little shake ups keep me grounded and keep me focused on what I'm here for...not to be the prettiest, smartest, thinnest, blah, blah, blah. I'm here to be a good mom & wife, a humble servant for an amazing God and so much more!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ARE a great singer, mom, friend, etc. you are also a great worshiper. i love watching you worship. it brings me to a place of worship too.

btw... i hear those voices too.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
You are just quality through and through..I'm proud to call you my friend...and Sunset is so lucky to have you around....
Sincerely,
Jay