Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Life is so...

Crazy, monotonous, boring, predictable, unbelievable, full of adventure...yes, folks, I do mean all of these. It's amazing to me all that one week can hold when you live a full life and have kids too!

Highlights of the last week:
* 4 days of nice weather...means play dates at parks and picnic lunches
* 1 girls night on Saturday night (apparently I didn't get the memo on that...my boys were with me...no babysitters worked out for that night..oh well)
* 2nd Men's retreat for the hubby (see pictures of him on the "pamper pole")
* 1 night of vomiting for Caleb (5 yr. old)
* 1 Dr. visit for ear infection for Caleb (they know us by name & face..that's really sad)
* 1 pharmacy visit for medicine
* 1 big sale at Gymboree! :)
* several good runs..trying to up my mileage as I head into training time again
* too many temper tantrums to count and time in the "naughty corner"

On a separate note...I'm really excited about Trader Joe's new store! I'm loving all the great stuff they have that is good for the kids with their food allergies. Lovin' the prices and the selection! Plus, their flowers are gorgeous and cheap. Clint bought me a beautiful bouquet yesterday (o.k. - he wasn't actually with me when I bought them..but I thanked him so much for them after he got home!)

On the spiritual side of things - had some great times with the Bible Reading plan last week. Loved the reading about the woman with the alabaster jar and the lesson that he/she who has been forgiven much is full of so much love and grace for others. When I take my forgiveness for granted I tend to be extremely judgemental and cynical about others and their mistakes and faults w/o noticing mine. In addition, I'm also finding that the farther away I feel from God and the less time I spend in the Word, the more time I spend shopping or "browsing" online for more stuff that we don't need. Hmmm...anyone know what I mean? The farther I am away from really being in step with who God is and what he is to me, the less content and happy I am. Duh! How long have I been a Christian? You'd think by now I would get that. I'm so thankful for His patience with me!

Nap time is upon me...need to rest up to keep up with my two little rock stars!

No comments: