Monday, April 9, 2007

The Zoo was a ZOO!!







Our trip to the zoo was well...fun in some regards..not so much in others!

Fun:
* the kids loved the black bears!
* Such fun to play with Kyra, Morgan and Olivia (& their mommies!)
* SUNSHINE
* wearing summer clothes and not freezing
* Having Katie take the kids into Lorikeet Landing...I don't do birds (that's a whole other blog though)
* Having Kristin call after we got home thinking Kyra had chickenpox (okay, I know that wasn't
fun for you, Kristin but having been there before I had to chuckle!)
*Watching Morgan and Micah "bond" in the stroller!
* Caleb walking around like a 60 year old man with the map held up to his face trying to "direct" us with where to go next and the "right" way to get there..he's such an oldest child!


Not so much fun:
* We must be very popular b/c for some reason the rest of Oregon and a good portion of the state of Washington joined us at the zoo
* I don't like the zoo that much..remember the whole "I don't really love animals all that much"..but I love it b/c my kids do and they live for the days we are able to go
*Caleb having to pee every 10 minutes..I wasn't counting his liquid intake which apparantly was A LOT..we even had to stop on the side of Highway 26 for him to go..again
* Clint riduculing me for the "shorts" I got for Micah...he thinks they are for girls..see the picture at the top..they're adorable, right??

* trying to keep the kids awake on the way home to preserve nap time..thank you mom for talking to them on the phone!!

We had a great morning and it really tired the kids out! What a beautiful day here in the Northwest!!


The black bear asleep right in front...














Morgan's lunch looks WAY better than mine!!














Kyra's "serious" look....

4 comments:

Kristin said...

You crack me up!! I love the way you have with words!

We had a great time with you guys and the Bird Lady (Katie!) and her girls. If not for your overwhelming (haha!) love of the zoo, we could make a regular date of it.

I guess we'll just need to be more creative in the future!

I do know of a really cool park in Sherwood with great water features--oh great! Now everyone will know about it, and want to go there, like the zoo :-) Oh well.

Loved serving with you this weekend, my friend! K~

Kristin said...

Oh, I forgot to comment on Micah's "Manpri's"....

So very Miss-sterious--were there pockets on the back? :-)

If you don't watch the Office, the comment above won't make any sense...

Laura said...

Just checked...confirmed on the pockets in the back..they ARE there and there is NOT hot pink lining in them either..AND they button like BOY pants should!

Anonymous said...

Your comment about trying to keep the kids awake to preserve nap time made me laugh. I totally forgot about that. I use to scream at mine. "KRISTEN .. DON'T FALL ASLEEP. AAAAHHHHYYYYYGGG!!! Sometimes I'd get the other kids to join in. Funny - the things you forget about having young children. This too shall pass. Sigh!

Amy

PS - if you go to the Sherwood park, make sure you let me know since that's actually close to me.