We just returned from a 6 day camping trip to Wallowa Lake, OR. It was a great trip.
The trip started out a little "rocky" so to say...I ran the Helvetia Half Marathon on Saturday June 9th. We left for camping immediately after I got home, ate, and showered. It took us around 9 hours to get there so imagine running 13.1 miles and then sitting for 9 hours straight...got a little tight in the muscles.
On the way there (about to the Dalles) I asked Clint if he remembered to take Micah's shoes. (We had put him in his car seat on the way there shoeless b/c it was nap time) Clint gave me a funny look and then admitted that "no" he hadn't. Soooooo....I spent the next 20 minutes searching on his Blakberry for a place to buy the kid some shoes. Being that we were heading to the middle of nowhere our options were a bit slim. We ended up at Wal-Mart. Good times in the Pendleton Wal-Mart. We carry Micah into the store w/ no shoes and emerged with a brand spanking new pair of Lightning McQueen tennis shoes. We must have looked pretty funny driving into the parking lot with the trailer, we get out of the car and have to carry our kid with no shoes while the mom tried to drag herself out of the car and hobbles on in. I was really sore by that point (4 hours of sitting...not good for the muscle circulation)
Anyhoo...we finally get to our camp spot, get the trailer all set up (it's a tent trailer) and go to bed...only to wake up about 1am hearing that it is POURING outside. It rained, I mean DOWN POURED the entire day on Sunday. It was a hard day for the kids after being stuck in the car the day before and then not being able to get outside and play for very long at a stretch. Thankfully, the weather was beautiful with no more rain after Sunday evening.
We camped with Clint's parents and his 2 youngest siblings (19yrs. and 13yrs. old). Hope you enjoy some of our pic's from the week. The boys loved that deer came right into our camping area. We also had a great hike as a family and then Clint went with his dad and brothers. I love the last pic's of the kids on the way home...they were exhausted!!!
5 comments:
The pictures are great. I always love to check up on the page and here your stories about the boys. Tricks my mind into thinking I am with them more than I actually am. Miss you guys!
Oh the joys of camping! And Camping in the Rain---even better.
I'm glad you had a fun time in the great outdoors, and love the pictures! I especially love the ones in the car--I don't know how kids can sleep like that--
Oh, and Wal-Mart on a Saturday, even in Pendleton. Ask me sometime about my one-and-only experience with Wal-Mart AND on a Saturday, no less! Good times.
I love the pictures--looks like a wonderfully exhausting family trip!
Heather and I have been to the Walmart in Pendelton too! Interesting place...
LOVE the pics of the boys konked out! Hope Caleb didn't have a sore neck :)
Sounds like it was a great week! What a great time to take the boys camping!! We used to camp growing up and those were some of my favorite memories.
Post a Comment