T-ball sea
son has officially begun! No more silly, frivolous practices..it's GAME TIME!! The intense action began last night with a rousing 3 innings for each team. No outs, everyone hits, and everyone plays in the field on defense. Quite amusing. The real funny thing is that the coach had to remind the kids that when they weren't batting they were not allowed to go play on the swings and playground equipment. Everyone runs and crowds around the ball after it is hit and the occasional player who remembers to still have his baseball glove actually on his hand is trying to pick it up with mitt and having no luck. It was truly priceless. 2 separate boys on the other team were hit by line drives in 2 different innings because they forgot to watch the hitter and were watching the clouds or something. Good times... Caleb's favorite moments of the night: dad is assistant coach, got to hit in a real game, but best of all...they got a snack after the game was over. He was over the moon! :)
3 comments:
I especially love the last picture--almost looks Norman Rockwell-esque :-)
And the stance with the hands in the back pockets--like Father, like Son.
You'll have to let us know when his next game is--we're always up for a fun outing!
K~
Could Caleb be any cuter? I don't think so!
Heather K.
I adore watching sports at this age. I do not know how many times I have witnessed kids completely missing the nuances of the game, because they were busy catching frogs or ladybugs, dancing with a friend, checking out the cool patterns in the mud left by their cleats or waving at a parent. Enjoy!
Post a Comment