Friday, August 31, 2007

Caleb Update


Caleb had his ear tube & adenoidectomy surgery yesterday. He did well except got pretty sick from the anesthesia. It was a long day of sickness for him plus his head hurt and I coulnd't get any pain meds to stay down. Thankfully, around 6pm he turned the corner. I think the anesthesia finally wore off by that point. He's doing much better today and is much more talkative and "normal" this morning.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and your emails/phone calls asking how he was doing. Keep praying that surgery this time around will make a huge difference in how he feels.

We're all pretty wiped out over here. After 2 weeks straight being gone with camping, our reunion & time up north with our family, it's good to be home. I'm looking forward to routine and getting life back to a normal pace of living. We enjoyed each moment we spent with both our family sides and need to say a huge thank you to grandma Lankhaar for making the trek down here to watch Micah while Caleb had surgery.

Family is a blessing.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

What a quick recoup! It is so hard watching our children go through physical (or emotional) pains. I am glad to read of the positive outcome!

Stephanie said...

So glad to hear things went well and he had a relatively smooth recovery. I'll pray that this is a good "fix" for your sweet boy!!

XO