
We are in the process of trying to decide where to send Caleb for school next year. We have narrowed it down to 3 choices and are scheduling classroom visits accordingly.
My wish...why can't all of these little Christian schools on the Westside combine & unite to form one academically excellent, larger opportunity, sports competing, drama & musically phenomenal campus? We see pluses and minuses in all of our choices but it just seems little strange to me to have all of the little communities trying to struggle and make it as a Christian school when pooling resources might just been a better way to go.
I guess it's the same with the local church. There are always going to be those who are the "big church" people and those who are the small community church people. I really don't have a preference either way - once again, I see pluses and minuses. but sometimes I wonder (I grew up in small church family) if we wouldn't be killing our volunteers in the small local church if we spent more time working together with the congregation down the street, rather than competing against them.
Wow..did I digress there..Anyhoo..now you have a glimpse into what we're tossing around over here. Thoughts?
1 comment:
I so agree with both the Christian school and church angle. Whenever someone mentions that they are starting a new church or want to ... I think, really? That's what we need ... more churches? Think of how much money is spent at churches duplicating efforts from other churches. AmyE
Post a Comment