I feel like I'm finally getting back to "normal" from the Christmas break. We had a wonderful time with our kids and visiting our family up north. I got to see a cousin of mine who was "lost" (long story) and we hadn't seen for 20 years! My grandfather passed away the day after Christmas so that made the trip up there different than what we had imagined it would be. However, it was very nice that we could be there to say good-bye, could help out where needed and could walk through the journey of losing a grandparent and parent for my dad. This was the first grandparent that I have lost from my side of the family. We have watched and suffered as Clint's have all passed away, but I have been very fortunate and have incredible memories with all my grandparents!
As we reflected on my grandpa's life it was great to see what a legacy of humor and of solid faith he left behind. He and my grandma were married 63+ years! What a testament to love that is!
Coming home to Portland was hard as we were emotionally exhausted and just tired from being gone from our own beds. But, we had to get moving once we were home b/c I had new furniture being delivered!!! Clint surprised me with new furniture for Christmas! It was such a shock to me and such fun to pick it out. I don't think he was envisioned the entire package that was going to be unraveling as I then decided we should paint out huge living/dining room, change out the family room to more of a play room, put new lights up, curtains, etc...It turned out beautifully and I think after all his "comments" Clint really likes it. SUCH A HUGE THANK YOU goes to my mom & dad who made painting the big room possible. They were such troopers and my mom is a painting genius so she always does such a great job on the edging!
So, now we have been back to school a week, I'm singing this weekend, we had 2 birthday parties today... I think we're back to reality. This was a totally boring post...thanks for hanging in there!
1 comment:
You have had a roller-coaster month to be sure. You have every reason to have not been blogging.
63 years! That is what my parents will be celebrating this year, too!
The family picture is very nice!
Post a Comment