Monday, March 3, 2008

How I spend my days...

So, many of you have asked how I've been feeling.

NOT.GOOD.

My days are pretty boring around here. I feel good in the mornings usually so I get Caleb to and from school and try to accomplish something around the house. By 1pm or so my nausea is settling in for the rest of the day. It's usually the worst from 6pm on until I can go to sleep.

Thankfully my kids like being home. They like to play together and have excellent imaginations so they are pretty occupied while I'm laying in my heap o' misery. There are great anti-nausea drugs out there but they don't wipe it out completely...and if I took them every time I needed it I would overdose daily!

We've been overwhelmed by everyone's help the past couple of months. My little housecleaning elves, my meal-makers, childcare help, etc. We so appreciate it all!

My latest thing..took the maternity clothes boxes down...I hate all of them except for 2 shirts and 1 pair of jeans. Anybody have cute maternity clothes I can borrow (size small?). I am really dreading putting them all on again...I've worn them twice, my sister wore them twice, my sis-in-law and some friends also borrowed them. I'm sick of them, they are stretched out and elastic is worn. Can you tell I'm ready to just burn the whole pile? I'll get over myself...really I will.

So, if I haven't called to chat or forgot to email you back or haven't blogged it's b/c I've been sick...I feel like I was thrown into the ocean and am trying to tread water to keep everything from going down. Some days are better than others...and the better ones are coming more regularly.

I've read so many books and caught up on all the shows that you can see online while I lay in bed watching Clint's laptop. Good times...my husband is a saint. He has stepped up BIG TIME and I can't say enough good things about him and everything he has been doing for me and the kids. He's amazing!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts and help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the shirt you wore on Sunday was sure cute ... you all looked like you'd planned it ... so pretty in pink. sorry I can't help out with the clothes. I think I bought a number of new things with Ethan. 3 times is too many, for sure. Amy

Laura said...

the Sunday shirt was new! :) Thanks for the compliment! I did award myself for making it through the first trimester with a new shirt! :) I can't reward myself with food these days.....