So...did anyone see the American Idol contestants sing "Shout to the Lord"?
There is quite the discussion online in various places regarding whether this was an "authentic" performance, whether it was blasphemy, etc...
What are your thoughts?
Really..I would love to know!
4 comments:
I didn't mind that they chose to sing that song. I DID mind that the very next part of the show, which happened to be the ending shot, was Ben Stiller walking on stage and having nothing more to say than a stream of swear words which were bleeped out ... a total waste on the part of the producers to end a program which was supposed to have meaning and purpose behind it.
JRupp
What a powerful message put forth from a television show that typically is "of this world." God works in all circumstances and through ALL people; not only those who believe. If people were blessed and captivated by the performance, Mr. Stiller will look rather foolish next to that.
I didn't see the performance on Tuesday night..just the repeat performance on Wed. night. so I missed Ben Stiller - kinda glad I did now hearing about that. I totally agree Andrea, I think God can work through anything - secular or not! Thanks for your thoughts both of you!
Even the rocks and trees cry out to Him... why not us?
Whether this was authentic or not, I believe that spreading and singing of God's goodness is always good. Really... these kids used their gifts to proclaim God on National Television.
Post a Comment