Monday, April 21, 2008

I need your help!!!

Okay...I know, I'm lame but here's the deal:

My cheese grater broke today. We grate cheddar cheese ALL the time at our house and this particular grater has been a good friend for the past 9 years. I loved this grater...it had a container that attached to it to catch the cheese so I never made a mess and I never cut myself with how it was designed.

Of course, they don't make it anymore. I'm trying to find a new grater...most of them are great for Parmesan and such, but not cheddar.

Here's where you can help. Do you have a grater that you love? Please let me know!!! I don't want to buy one without knowing that people like it. I also don't want to spend a fortune...seriously, there are graters on Amazon for like $90.00...I don't think so.

On the family front - we went to the coast this weekend...I'll post pics later!

Thanks for your input!

5 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

My Fave is an Ikea staple...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80083256

and if you decide you don't like it, you aren't out the 90 bucks :)

Laura said...

very nice...but SO pricey :) I don't know..$4.99 is really pushing it!

Anonymous said...

I got a grater that sounds like the one that you had. I either got it through Tupperware or Pampered Chef. LOVE IT!

Heather K.

Anonymous said...

Hummm...nice grammar on previous comment... "I've got a grater...".

Smile.

Heather

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amanda, we buy 2 ikea graters each time we're there!