Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend at the Beach





We took the boys to the coast this weekend...kind of our "make up" trip from back when I got vertigo and had to go get IV's. So, last weekend was it, and we headed out through the snow, sleet & hail and made it to the coast.

We had a really good time. We stayed at the best little condo in Gearhart. The kids had their own beds, a TV & DVD player in their room (they were stoked) and the complex had a great heated (I mean REALLY heated) pool. I even went in...it had to be warm for that to happen! Since the weather was so crummy & it's off season, the crowds were not there and we got the pool and the beach to ourselves!

We took the boys to the Seaside Aquarium. Super fun! Totally recommend it if you go to the beach. The kids can actually feed the seals and there is a lot of hands on stuff for them to do there. They also have a ginormous octopus that moved around a ton. It was freezing cold so we didn't stay out too long.


Mostly we just hung out, played games, ate candy, watched movies, swam and had a great time together!

It was a fabulous weekend. The boys were very sad to come home :(

3 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT 'make-up for being sick' weekend. So glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

FUN! Mom told you I should email you about the condo you stayed in for vaca...but I really need the sun. So maybe next year, okay? Love ya!

Erika said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love the Seaside Aquarium! Your pic of the octopus turned out great - mine are all 'gray' looking...