Monday, May 12, 2008

Bless his little heart...


Well, the fateful day arrived. Our tip-toe walking child has been casted. These are on for 3 weeks, then we take them off and see if he's trained his muscles to walk on his feet. He's doing really well with them even though it is uncomfortable for him. His achilles is really tight and he can't flex his foot at all as a result of walking on his tip-toes for so long. They really stretched them beyond comfort to put them in the casts.

Pray with us that it works and we don't have to do another round of casting or the achilles lengthening surgery that is our next option if the casting doesn't work.

In the meantime, we're really playing up how cool it is to have casts..to draw on them..not have to bathe..etc. Let's hope he doesn't see through our "cool" facade! :)

8 comments:

Katie said...

I will be praying that all goes well with the casts. It's going to be so hard on Caleb, he is such a busy kid! I will also be praying for you that you can keep up the "cool" facade.

Anonymous said...

Wow - as if you don't have enough going on in your life. He sure looks cute in the picture. AmyE

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of him soooo much! Let him know we love him!

mom vg said...

Very Very Cool Kid!! We are surrounding those feet in prayer as well as his precious, sweet heart! He couldn't have a better mom & dad to walk him through this...we do remember the arm and knee surgeries...see? All those little happenings gave you both such understanding hearts!! And we pray...

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

We've been praying for him since yesterday! Hoping that his first night sleeping was ok. We're still praying...

Stephanie said...

i will be praying for you guys! he look so "cool" in those casts!

if he has to have surgery... let's chat. i have taken care of many kids after this surgery and would love to prep you a bit.. at least more than they probably will in the docs office!! :) BUT i am praying the casts work so we won't have to chat about it!!

hang in there!!

xo

Anonymous said...

I added a nursery blog for you to check out our ideas!!! Mom said you were thinkin' bee's for a while b/c you were sick of blue. I still think that's a cute idea, but I'll keep a look out for ya!!!

Allison McKenney said...

I will be praying. Keep us updated!