Monday, June 2, 2008

do Over

Ever feel like you could use a "do-over"? I could today. It was just an OFF day. The kids were both whiny, crabby, feisty all day...I don't think my tiredness/nausea helped any either.

By the time lunch came they had lost their chance to go to the library, Micah had broken one of my glass holders in the living room & they had tried to start the house on fire by melting a pretzel package on the hot light bulb in their room.

Seriously.

This needs to stop.

Then, I got a call that the "simple" repair I brought the Pathfinder in for will cost around $1100.

Also, b/c Clint is still in Germany I had to do t-ball practice tonight. Pouring rain. Didn't end my day as I was hoping.

I wish I could wake up and have had a better attitude heading into the day. I needed to prep myself for battle this morning and I just didn't....I didn't react as I should have to most things and probably wasn't much fun for the kids to be around (when they weren't misbehaving). And yes, I know that they feed off of me...I'm no dummy. I get that.

Here's to a better day tomorrow...a better attitude for me and smooth sailing through our day!

4 comments:

mom vg said...

Sweet Laura,
You deserve a party. I sooo can remember those days!! I still have 'em. I was just telling a friend today, I'm so crabby b/c of the weather, it's sinful. So, yes, tomorrow is a new day. I'll pray for you, you can pray for me as I scramble to host your little' bro's grad party...dad is on jury duty, I'm doing his job and mine plus trying to make the day special for my son. Need to make raspberry pie....go to the store....take him out for a haircut...clean the bathrooms...smile alot and look great! Get ready to go camping....Have a better day, and I'll pray the nausea goes AWAY!!
Love you, your "other" mother!

Anonymous said...

OH Laura...sounds rough! :( Look at all those exciting boy things I have to look forward to! Here's to a better day tommorrow (which is now today!)...

Melinda said...

Hugs and prayers!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Uh, YEAH! I must say I have days that I would like to 'do over' on an alarmingly frequent basis. Crabby kid + being crazy busy =Mucho Mama regrets...

Totally feel you on this one.