Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Balance? What balance?


Before I begin, let me just say that I'm alright...the baby is alright.

So, the hubby and I were at Lowe's last night. We were getting bead board and trim for the nursery. The trim boards are really long and awkward and we had to get quite a few of them for this little project. We were using one of those lumber carts (like the one pictured) to haul them to the front to pay.

So, as we are turning to go down the next aisle, Clint turns the corner but doesn't realize that the length of the boards is set to take me out. I'm mean literally TAKE ME OUT. So, picture this...Clint turning the cart, the trim boards tripping me, I'm trying desperately to get my balance...which is no longer possible in this pregnant state...my purse flies off my arm, sunglasses careen off my head and I fall. Not a graceful fall...this was a feet out from under me, smack dab on the hard concrete on my tailbone, butt bone and left elbow. I took inventory to make sure everything was still working...it was.

Clint felt terrible... I don't blame him it was a total accident. He said it all happened in slow motion and he kept thinking, "she'll get her balance, she'll get her balance..oh no, she's going down!"

Great news: NO ONE else was in the aisle and no permanent damage done...just a little to the pregnant ego
Bad News: little on the stiff and sore side today

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad that you are okay, and I think that I would have paid money to watch Clint's face as all of this was going on. Sorry to hear that you are sore. Oh the joys of being so front heavy!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

WHY do I get the feeling that this kind of thing will start happening to me?

SO glad you are OK! Keep growing that nephew of mine!

Stephanie said...

I am glad you are ok!! xo

Anonymous said...

Mom told me on the phone! SOOO relieved that you and baby are A-OK. Maybe next time Clint should push you on the cart! LOL...

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. I would have paid to watch that. I'm so glad you are ok!
Jay