So...back in January (okay, really January through May) I told myself if I was still alive when July came around it would be a miracle. I was so sick with this pregnancy and each day took, well, FOREVER to be done. Once July came I was ecstatic to have made it that far and now we're actually into August. The BIG MONTH where everything changes...
Things I am starting to realize:
* I will have more kids than hands...don't know how I feel about that
* sleep...will get interesting
* babies are easier in the womb...uncomfortable, but easier
* I'm excited to see if this one looks like the other 2
* I hope he has hair...I mean, I'll obviously love him if he doesn't but I've always wanted one with lots of dark hair like I had when I was born. So far I've gotten bald & wispy red haired kiddos.
* I'm hoping we have a name picked out by birth - and no, Obadiah is not on the list :)
* I'm more nervous about having another c-section than I originally thought
Other Things that I have thought the past few weeks:
* I have loved this summer, having the kids home (most days :)
* I had my last time singing with Jay & Tyler at church on Sunday until this little miracle arrives. It was bittersweet. I hate taking time off from worship leading & worship team. But, I'll be back..once the bambino is here and my stitches are healed!! I guess I'll just switch to singing lullabies for a bit.
* Is is possible to be "nesting" for, let's say, 4-5 months? :) My husband has done SO MUCH for me in my whacko nesting phase.
* My sweet ride is gone...replaced by a more practical, yet still sweet ride. The Camry has been traded in for a Honda Odyssey. Yes, 3 car seats in the back seat of a sedan...not so functional. 3 car seats in a van...much more functional
Can you see that my mind is all over the place right now? Just wanted to update where I'm at and keep you posted as we get closer to D-day!! :)
6 comments:
You sweet thing! I miss you!!
AND - you went to the Dark Side (minivan world). :)
i loved singing with you again!!
Girl... I'm with you in all this. The nesting - 5 months sounds about right :)
I think I was nesting while puking.
You will do great with all 3 kids, I'm not saying that there are never times when you wish you a 3rd hand, but for the most part 3 kids is really great!
I can't believe you bought a van! I'm gonna miss that cute little camry! ;) But I agree that its more functional with all those kiddos running around. I am an awe with how fast this has all gone too. Your pregnancy seems even faster since I didn't know about it for so long...;) heehee! You're an amazing mom though and I know you can handle all three! You're tough!! :)
I have a baby gift for you if I can ever remember to get it in the mail. keep us posted!
Post a Comment