Monday, March 16, 2009

The Gathering @ 5pm…a look back

So, here it is…my first worship recap of my journey as the 5pm worship leader. I was blessed to have Steve S. and Yonas as my band and they were great. Our set was this:

Everlasting God

Your Grace is Enough

All For Love

Rescue

Then Barb did Family business and we capped the worship set with “The Blessing” which fit so well with John Franklin’s message.

Thoughts looking back on this weekend…this was the first one I felt rushed for time – odd since we started early practicing. I loved Yonas & Steve together and like how they collaborated to fill up the band space in an acoustic set.  They had some great ideas that really added to the feel of the music. Originally we were going to end with How Great is Our God but in practice it just felt right to end with Rescue.  We ended up cutting the bridge and ending of The Blessing strictly b/c we didn’t have time to rehearse it properly in order for it to be done well. In the service Steve gave me the opening chord and horror of all horrors…I started in the wrong key – don’t know how that happened but we just stopped and started over- showed the fact that we are NOT perfect up there I guess! :) I loved All for Love into Rescue – they were both done in A and fit so well together…I will probably use that combo again. There was a good crowd there and lots of new faces. I felt, looking out, that the congregation was engaged in worship. It was great to see that!  John Franklin is amazing. I love his laid back communication style and his real-life stories. His message was about giving the Blessing to our children and how to encourage them to live up to their potential and to be their biggest fan and encourager along the way. It would be a good one to podcast if you missed it and are a parent. I’m  missing next week but will podcast it for sure!

Now, onto next week…oh wait, I pass the baton to Ben for this next weekend then I’m on again on the 29th. 

I’d love to hear your feedback if you were there…thoughts?

3 comments:

Yonas said...

I take it nobody commented because we were PERFECT!

Laura said...

that's exactley what I means...I am sure! When are you wanting to come back? :)

Yonas said...

Soon my friend..soon!!!

Been sick with flu last week..