So, in light of the economic situation we are in (Clint taking pay cut along with everyone else where he works), I have been trying extremely hard to be a savvy grocery shopper. I have been clipping coupons, saving ads to compare, trying different brands of items, shopping at different grocery stores, etc.
This week Albertson’s stopped accepting competitors coupons…that means that the $10 off of $50 purchase from Safeway & Thriftway won’t work there anymore.
Albertson’s…you are dead to me now. :)
I still shop at Winco for most things b/c they are cheaper, but I am now wondering:
What do you do to save $ on the grocery bill at your house? Any good tips?
4 comments:
Do you know about "The Grocery Game"?
www.thegrocerygame.com
It takes an hour + per week to organize but saves a bomb. You just have to be willing to do it.
don
voiceofdon.blogspot.com
eeks... i can't help too much here since food isn't really where we save (you know us and our organic food stubbornness) but i've used www.coupons.com before, and they were alright.
i also hate Albertson's now.
we also trimmed off a bunch of money by getting rid of our Verizon bundle package, getting signed up with Vonage and getting rid of cable completely.
I watch all my shows a day or two or four late online now.
To observe St. Patrick's week....you can do corned beef...$9 for the packaged meat, some mashed potatoes and cabbage.
Maybe slice the leftovers thin to make Sammiches the next day.
LOL..."Albertsons, you are dead to me now!" That made me laugh. Frustrating that they stopped accepting coupons though. I still think they are the best deal regardless.
Post a Comment