Friday, March 13, 2009

Ruby is Here!!

It was a big day yesterday…

dell.red

Ruby (as I affectionately call her) arrived via Fed Ex yesterday. She is my new laptop…and she is RED!!

“Red?” you may say? Why yes, so it will match my red phone pearlred ipod& my red ipod because well, it just matters people! :)  

I have shared some of my computer woes but here’s the story... Early December our home computer quits..dies..freezes..very sad. Thankfully, my oh so savvy hubby figured out how to get the files and pics off of it an onto an external hard drive.  Borrowed a laptop from someone and that one crashed a few weeks ago. In the meantime, we went to Disneyland with the 2 older boys. Our camera was stolen there on the last night (That’s another blog post coming soon). I had refrained from deleted any pics from the memory card b/c I didn’t have a home computer to put them on…I was being careful, safe, prudent…then the memory card was gone. Sadness. Once again, my dear husband is trying to get pics off the borrowed laptop that is dead now too. I’m not having the greatest of luck with computers lately, huh? Moving on…I have been patient and kind while trying to continue getting church services planned (which all happens online) while this has been going on. I’ve tried to keep a positive attitude and am realizing how much is dependent on these little beauties in this day and age. So, we had some Christmas $$ yet to use and Ruby is what we used it on.

I am SO THRILLED with Ruby and she has been kind to me so far…

……and she’s cute! :)

 

6 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

She is VERY cute...as a fellow lover of the color red - nice choice :)

Now Ruby, you be sure and treat your owners nicely, ok?

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni Clayville said...

good to see you back, love!!! Ruby is beautiful.

Stephanie said...

ditto what jclay said! love the color!!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll be blogging more? ;) I've missed your updates lately. Sooo happy for you, she is a beauty for sure!!! I didn't know your cell and ipod matched too, but super adorable!!!

Laura said...

yes Megan, I will be blogging more. Sorry to have been so bad lately...helps to have a working computer to blog! right?