Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Promise...


I make a vow and a pledge that this will be my only ranting post for spring in regards to animals... :) That being said I just have to vent for a short minute.


Can I just beg of you all who own dogs and like to take them for walks...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep them on their leash? I am actually ok with dogs, wouldn't want my own, but your dogs are fine. However, when I am running down the sidewalk or the path/trail, I do not enjoy running towards you and your unleashed dog. It makes me scared and nervous not to mention it is always posted on the trail signs that "Dogs mush be on leash".
I really do not appreciate running into the unknown..will the dog stop? will it run after me? will it stop when the owner says to stop? after I pass will it turn and chase and maul me before the owner can grab it? I know this is not totally rational but I wouldn't have to go through this ordeal each and every time I meet an unleashed dog if rules could just be followed and dogs would be leashed.
I think it is great to get your dog out for exercise and also for people to get out to exercise a well. I'm all for that. Just please reserve your "unleashed moments" for the designated dog park or your own backyard.
Thank you.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Totally agreed! Nothing makes my blood boil more than when a "friendly" dog tries to interupt my focus--or even jump on me.

Heasleye said...

Amen! :)

Megan said...

Agreed! I share that fear of dogs!

Jennifer Z Lewis said...

I totally agree. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. There is nothing worse than being out for a walk w/ 3 small children & have them freak out becuase some dog has run up & licked them. If I hear a dog owner say, "it's okay - he's really nice" one more time I'll scream. It isn't okay for me!! Thanks for the post. I guess I needed to vent too.