Thursday, November 5, 2009

Parent/Teacher Conferences

This is my husband’s idea of a parent/teacher conference:

DSC00793

I think I better keep homeschooling!

We hear from so many how little interaction and conference time they get with their kids’ teachers…Clint always says he has conferences all the time!

 

We planned a trip for our 10th Wedding Anniversary (June) back in the early spring. We planned it for November for a few reasons. First, I would be done with a nursing baby. Second, it would just be starting to be the rainy, cold weather in the Pacific Northwest. And lastly, the prices were better! :)

We decided to continue with the trip as planned after starting the adoption because we figure being able to con someone into watching 4 kids would be harder…might as well take the trip while we can. Our next traveling will hopefully be to Africa to meet and bring home our little girl. Then, we will not be able to go without kids for quite awhile as we transition her into our family.  The timing couldn’t be better. 

We hit homeschooling hard at the end of August and have been working hard to develop some routine and patterns to what we are doing at home. This has been a great little break for everyone, I think!

We’ve had a great time and of course all good things must come to an end.

We are blessed…

~10 years of marriage..happily

~3 beautiful boys

~parents who cheerfully take such good care of them so we can get away

DSC00790

xoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you got some time to relax, reconnect, and celebrate your marriage!!

Here's to a successful conference! ;)

xo

Mama Mimi said...

I'm so glad you guys got this opportunity before growing your family! Its so important to take that time for yourselves.