This has been an ongoing discussion at our house…
What to name our little sweet pea! It’s hard to find a name not already taken by friends and family. We most likely will wait to see her picture, hear her African given name and then decide, but until then we have been trying to come up with a name we both like that fits our perimeters.
So…to you my reader(s) :)
This is your challenge. Give me some good girl names!!!
Perimeters are:
*must sound good with the other kids’ name
*would love for it to have a cool meaning
*slightly unique (like not #2 on the most popular list) but not some name that nobody knows how to spell or pronounce or anything like that
* Must not be too long…we’ve got some major last name issues to work with.
* working with the Biblical theme would be nice but not totally essential
I’ve got some favs, hubby..well, not so much. I would love your feedback and ideas!!!
10 comments:
Eve (insert given African name) Jean (insert last name).
Yes, that's TWO middle names :)
Aww, naming is so fun. We had a list going before our referral came...and once we saw her face we started to narrow down the list and decided on the perfect name for her - Isabella (Ella for short). I always knew I'd have an Ella, but I didn't realize she'd look like such a pretty little princess to require a beautiful name like Isabella! ;-)
Good luck, I also love the names:
Olivia (Liv)
Jacqueline
Roslyn
Lily
Anna
Sophia
Zoe
Mia
Kate
Nadia
Good luck - I hope you find the perfect name!
I vote for Daria, I hear that is one of Clint's Favorites. Ella was on our list if Isaac would have been a girl.
Katie, I think you are mocking the hubby's parents. Shame on you! No wonder you became so deathly sick right after meeting us on that fateful camping trip. Daria is a simply beautiful name...a little skating outfit would look so cute...:)
Thanks for your ideas...from my Facebook link I've gotten Hannah as a suggestion as well.
We'll keep you posted...keep the ideas coming if you think of anything else!
Well given that we're in a similar boat - long crazy last name, we consider naming important. I just blogged recently about naming too so you can check our my journey4hope blog if you'd like.
Anyway, my daughter's name is Bethany and I simply love it. Strong name. Easy to say. Biblical - a place of rest. I'm also a fan of maintaining some part of their Et heritage so I would go with a simple name...
Jenna
Dacia (sounds like day-shu)
Meg
Naomi
Rachel
Sophie
Abigail
Lydia
A few of those are biblical names.
Tamara B.
My vote is for Abigail...
Abby for short!
Can't wait to hear what you'll come up with!
Just found this website,
it may help you!
http://www.aacasa.org.au/Adoption05.htm#Girls
How about Shiloh?
Hi Laura
I'm new to your blog! I followed a link from another link on Ms J's blog (In Our Own Weird Way Blogspot dot com) and I'm glad I found your blog!
I am also an adoptive mom - we have a gorgeous little girl named Jesse-Lee, Jesse meaning "Gift from God" and Lee being the family name given to all firstborn in my hubby's family for the past six generations or so. We have a crazy (but short!) surname, so the double barrel doesn't make it a tongue-twister.
I love the name Hannah and (being from South Africa - not exactly Ethiopia, but at least it's the same continent!) I can tell you that it would still be pronounceable by Africans too!
Then again, Jesse isn't such a bad name either! ;o)
Post a Comment