Friday, February 12, 2010

It’s Just Better This Way

Yes, honey I know you are slaving away overseas. I know the long hours you are putting in.

About your weekend plans…it’s just better I’m not there. I’m sure I would just be cold. I mean, really, Austria and skiing in the Alps…just sounds really cold to me. 

skiing

I’m sure you’re cozy chalet you are staying in just doesn’t have all the comforts of home. I’m sure I’m having much more fun here. I mean, after all, I would be missing a teething toddler who has a new fascination with sitting at the back door screaming to go outside – rain or shine. I’m sure that the spray of snow on your chilled face will just be too much and you’ll wish you were here in the rain.  I would also be heartbroken to miss the 4th time this week that Micah’s glasses broke…especially since the Dr.’s office is closed all weekend and Monday because of the holiday. Speaking of the holiday…it’s so much better that I’m here because I’m sure they aren’t celebrating President’s Day over there. You’ll have to work. While I’m able to sit back and relax with the boys. All 3 of them. Maybe I’ll invite all the neighbor kids over just to relax some more. I’m sure they have a day of pampering all prepared for me to just have a day to myself.

It will also be a much better Valentine’s Day that I know you are tucked safely away, next to a roaring fire, after you’ve eaten a meal (that by the way I’m sure is not nearly as good as the chicken nuggets or cold cereal I will most likely consume), and had a great day out enjoying the beautiful Alps.  I’m sure I would have injured myself skiing or that big “after skiing'” meal might put on some pesky pounds that will be so hard to shed.  It’s much better that I’m here to make Valentine cookies being that I love to bake so much and love to tediously decorate cookies even more. 

So, as you can see, I’m thrilled that you have the chance to see the world, work hard and then have the chance to play a bit over there in Europe.

I’ll work on my ability to look at your pictures and hear about your experience with absolute love and excitement…I’m sure I’ll get there by the time you get home.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love your humor. All though it may not be humor yet.... read it a couple of weeks after he gets home. I can relate. I'll pray for you this weekend. Thank you for this post. So many of us w/ traveling hubby's are in the same boat.

Joan said...

Sweet dil,
Hope your day goes slendidly...know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! May the kiddos be on their very best behavior today, tonite, and tomorrow....peace to you daughter! Godspeed your journey tomorrow! :)Can't wait to share your alone time!

Jenni Clayville said...

OMW.. SO FUNNY! hahaha!