Thursday, February 11, 2010

What’s the Etiquette?

Okay…here’s the question of the week for me:

This happened to me a while back, I just didn’t know what to do.  Someone recognized me in the grocery store, someone from church who had seen me on the platform, but that I did not know. They stopped me to say hi, acting like they know me, (which I guess they do b/c I do share some of my life through a microphone on a given Sunday) and I met this person, made introductions, had a little small talk then moved along my merry way.

shopping

Here’s the question: I then continued to see this person over and over again as I walked through the grocery aisles. What is the etiquette for this situation? Do you say hi each time you see them? Do you say hi the first one or two times and then just ignore them? Do you change your “course” so you stop running into them?

I obviously haven’t lost sleep over this, just wondered what would you do?

No comments: