Originally, when the hubby had this trip scheduled overseas, I worried that we might receive our referral for our little girl and he wouldn’t be here to go over it with me.
Well, that is not happening. Unless, by some freakish miracle, there is an influx of baby girls that need a home, we will not be getting a referral in the next 2 weeks. Maybe not in the next 2 months.
The waiting is longer than we originally had been told to plan on. The waiting is longer than we prepared for mentally, emotionally…however, the waiting is allowing us to better prepare financially and is also giving me more time with my 3 boys and the ability to focus completely on them.
It is also, not surprising, not up to me :) Thankfully, I know that while I’m waiting there is so much that He wants to teach me….so, I’m trying to embrace the waiting, embrace the need for patience and trust and give it over. I’m not by nature a worrier and I’m thankful that I’ve been spared from most of that element of adoption so far.
The good news is that, for each little girl born in Ethiopia right now her parents must be able to care for her and give her what she needs. If not, there are so many families waiting with open arms to give her a home.
So..to all my adoption buddies...embrace the waiting. I’m going to remind myself of that over and over and over again!
To all of our adoption supporters…I will keep you posted when I know more. At this point, we wait for our referral. We covet your prayers while we assume the limbo-life that this creates.
3 comments:
Praying for you... waiting isn't easy.
Love you!
Jos
You know we're praying for you!
I keep reminding myself that God's timing is always perfect! Sometimes you don't realize it until it happens, but then you look back in awe at how God was working during your time of waiting.
I can't wait to see how your story unfolds and brings glory to Him!
The waiting is definitely the hardest and as hard as it is to think about now, you won't even remember the days where you hound your email and jump every time the phone rings. Well, kinda. :) All in God's timing. And kind of off topic, but the Shashemene region (where Isaiah's from) and another region are currently undergoing some investigations as to how adoptions are being handled, so that may have something to do with the wait times. But I think the courts have been quite good about speeding up their process. Thinking and praying for you guys!
Post a Comment