Thursday, August 5, 2010

Buying with Purpose

This has been on my heart and mind for a while…how did Ethiopia change me? How did adoption change me? I’m still processing many of those thoughts and questions, but one thing I know: I want NEED to be more intentional about where my money goes.

Does this mean that we sponsor more kids in Ethiopia? Does this mean that we take a front seat in financially helping the Shinshicho Health Clinic

One thing I know is that I would like to be intentional about our purchases for Christmas. I’d love to purchase items that the $$ goes to an adoption fundraiser or proceeds go to help someone in Ethiopia.

Can you send me the link to your fundraising pages if you have them? I'd love to get a list compiled for shopping purposes come the holidays. Pass it on if you know of others. Hopefully this can be a great resource for others to do the same!

Blessings ~

Laura

2 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

I love your ideas...we would love to help other adoptive families or fundraiser too - we are adopting domestically hopefully placed soon :)

sallee said...

Would love to have It's POPPY DIP added to your list... we are in process a 3rd time to adopt a little one from Ethiopia... we currently have 5 (3 bio--2 from ET in '06 and '08)... I'm sewing for our 'fund'... THANKS!!
Your baby girl is a dolly!!
blessings, sallee