Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Provision

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress ..." James 1:27

img_2157-2

A turning point for me in the last month was the effort by the women in our Ethiopia  travel group (sadly 1 couldn’t make the trek) to spend a weekend together in the Seattle area. This was a mommy/baby weekend only. These women are beautiful people- inside and out. I am honored to know them. I am truly blessed to call them friends and to have walked this journey with them and know that they are navigating all of this too. I can’t say enough about the chance to catch up, hear the hearts cry of other adoptive moms and to dream about the amazing things God could use us to do in Ethiopia now that our eyes have been opened.

Did I add that there were 6 little babies to love on too??!!!

God totally let our group hit the jackpot when he place 2 amazing photographers in this mommy group too! And, such a plus that they both LOVE taking pictures of our babies!! Here’s a few from this amazing weekend.

IMGP0778 

This is the group minus Amber-Rose who was visiting a dear friend in Seattle and Laurie who couldn’t make it all the way from New Jersey…

IMGP0728 

IMGP0664

Here’s the slideshow Amie put together of the pictures she took of everyone. It’s pretty amazing to look at all the precious babies now and look back on her slideshow of our trip to Ethiopia and how little these babies were!

slideshow – October

God has provided some wonderful, encouraging new friends in my life. I’m so thankful for the friend I have that live the day to day with me at home, but am also praising God for the gift of new relationships that lift me up.

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

Love this little group God blessed you with! Those are some ADORABLE babies =)

Shelly P said...

Looks like it was a great time! Loved the slideshow - the babies are all adorable!!