Sunday, March 9, 2008

I think I've had enough now...

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

I've never in my life been so frustrated and physically exhausted as I have felt the last 12 or so weeks. The capper was on Friday.

I woke up, before even opening my eyes I knew something was wrong. Everything, even with my eyes shut, was spinning. I opened them and immediately was sick (I'll spare you the gory details). This continued for the next 5 -6 hours. If I moved, layed down, closed my eyes for a minute then opened them...all resulting in a visit to the porcelain throne. By 2:30pm my doc told me to come in for IV's. They found a raging ear infection in one ear that had caused terrible vertigo. So, after replenishing some of my lost fluids, a new prescription for antibiotics, decongestant, & resotcking the anti-nausea drugs (3 hours later) we were headed home.

So, once again Clint was my handsome nurse. He takes such good care of me. The worst about this was that I got so bored. I couldn't read, watch TV, or even move my head so I recited Bible verses in my head, song lyrics, etc.

Things are much better now. Obviously, I'm typing! :) I guess I'm just frustrated that I can't get myself together enough to be healthy and feel good for more than 2 days. I hate having to cancel stuff...I have disappointed my kids so many times by having to back out of fun stuff for them to do. We were supposed to take them to the beach this weekend just to get away and have some fun and had to cancel. They were devestated...that really stinks as a mom.

My husband is amazing. He has never complained once through all of this. He is helpful, kind, caring, and self-sacraficing. I'm so glad that he'll be able to get away next weekend to the men's retreat. But yet again, he wouldn't sign up unless he knew there would be someone here to help me. My parents are coming as the cavalry for the weekend.

I feel blessed to have such a caring family, friends who continue to pray for me, medicine to get me better and a God who sits by my side when I am at my weakest.

I'm still looking for what the lesson I'm supposed to be learning through all of it...maybe it's to let go of control, maybe it's to see what an awesome man I married, maybe it's for me to lean on His Word and those words of Scripture that I've tucked away in my memory...Who knows, I'm sure I'll know looking back on it...it just seems like such a long road to go before I can look back!


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

So so sorry you have had some rough days this pregnancy. No fun. At all. I will be praying for solid health from here on out. I will pray that you find joy in the things that you can do, and that God's grace and peace will surround you with the things you can't do.

Hang in there... you are doing the best you can and are a great mom!

mom vg said...

Laura, as I've prayed for you over the last days, God made something very clear to me as I questioned why you have to suffer so...he reminded me that your little boys are watching you, just as Clint did 14 years ago...they are learning enormous lessons about compassion, loving, serving, caring, being the best sons they can be and someday, the best and most compassionate husbands possible. I am now so very glad I spent 9 months sick, because I can see I have a son who has a servant heart! We love you...you are the best!! We're praying for a better week!!! God's peace to you...

Melinda said...

Oh, sweet Laura, we are praying for you.
Mom vg rocks! What amazingly loving, empathetic and encouraging words to come from your mother-in-law! Count your blessings, dear one!
Clint, you rock, too!

Meal Planing said...

My Friend, I feel for you as I know that this has been so hard for you to go through. I know that feeling like you are letting the boys down must be hard. Your boys are great kids though, and they will learn from this time too. Also you are a wonderful mom, who soon will have one more wonderful child.

I will continue to pray for you all!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

You must know that we are your Seattle Prayer Warriors (yes the SPW). We have been keeping you and the ittybitty baby, the boys, and Clint in our daily prayers. We love you! We'll keep on praying.... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Melinda ... your sweet mom-in-laws comments made me cry. What a gift!

And as for disappointing the boys, I suggest, you start surprising them with fun things to do .. like 3 minutes before you get in the car ... :-)

PS Do you need Rescue Heroes or did I miss the birthday? AmyE

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Tagged you for a Meme, thought you could use something fun to do :)

Hang in there!

A