Sunday, May 16, 2010

Whirlwind!!

It’s official:

Maleah Martha-Jean is our daughter.

We passed court on May 4th. We got the word that our case was approved on the 6th and exactly 1 week later we got the email that we were Ethiopia bound!!

We were in shock, SO EXCITED, but I needed to do some deep breathing! We leave in less than 10 days to fly to the other side of the world and bring home our daughter. Really, words don’t come close.

The boys are super excited, and surprisingly they were MORE than willing to end the school year a wee bit early..shocking, I  know :) They are excited to hang out with the grandparents for the duration of our trip.

What now? Well, I’m looking through packing lists, thinking about all the things I’d like to clean in my house before I leave, realizing that Mr. L is not going to love sharing his mommy. He’s still a little one himself. Just going to have to deal with all of that when we get home.

Lots to do but it’s good. We just excited to have an end in sight of this process. We will have such an amazing story to tell Maleah of God’s provision, His timing and his perfect plan for her to complete our family.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

So exciting for the whole family!

Meg said...

AWESOME!!!!

Chrissy said...

That's such awesome news! Hug my three for me!

Mama Mimi said...

Yay yay yay!! Words can't express MY excitement...I can't imagine even attempting to comprehend yours right now! Glad we had a long talk today...it was great to hear how you are feeling and now I feel like I really know how to pray for you this week. Very much looking forward to seeing you Saturday and celebrating our little Maleah!

Mark and Sarah said...

It's been so fun to connect with you today amidst all our travel excitement. So excited to get you know you better in Ethiopia--and crazy that we already have Lynden in common :-)